Abrasion Resistant Steel
Business Type : Exporter, Supplier, Importer
Preferred Buyer From
||Anywhere in India
- Abrasion resistant steel is used in areas where there is likely to be a high degree of abrasion or wear of the steel plate. Typical applications are in truck beds, attachments to diggers and earth movers and in processing applications in the mining industry.
- The key quality for wear resistant steels is their hardness. We sell wear plate according to its hardness measured on the Brinnell Hardness Test- usually in 400HB grades.
- 400 HB steel is over 3 times harder than mild steel (120HB), but only a third as hard as stainless steel (150HB). Example uses are for construction machinery, skips, bulldozers and excavators, buckets and conveyors.
- Steels with a hig HB rating (Briness Hardness) are intended for applications where wear or abrasion resistance is important. The benefit of using an abrasion resistant steel is that the plant, machinery or constructions working life can be extended considerably. This can significantly improve the reliability, durability and safety of structures and equipment. It also helps to reduce the maintenance costs associated with wear and breakdown of plant.
- The steel is quenched which provides wear resistance; in order to improve hardness it may also be tempered. Lower HB's generally provide good cold bending properties and good weldability. Weldability is not generally reduced as the hardness increases.
- Wear resistant steels are not appropriate for use at temperatures over 250 degree C as the heat can cause changes to the material properties.
- Yields for 400HB steel are in the region of 100MPa with tensile strengths of about 1250MPa.
- It is not registered at international standard association such as ASTM Jin, Din so each manufacture has their own Brand name like HARDOX, SUMIHARD, RAEX, JFE, XAR, BIS.
High Manganese Steel Plates are fully austenitic, quench anneled, non magnetic work exceptionally high level of wear resistance when subject to work-hardening by shock or high pressure in service.
Available sizes for the MN13 steel plate are width up to 2,135mm, maximum length at 6,000mm and the thickness of 6mm to 40mm.
Grades of AR Plates (Brand Names & It's Manufacturer)
| Brand Name
|| Its Manufacture
|| Sumitomo Metal
|| JFE Steel
|| NSC Steel
|| Indu Steel
|| Thyssenkrup Metal
Looking for "Abrasion Resistant Steel" ?